I'm back...

At least for the moment. It's been almost 4 years since my last post and some of you may be wondering "Why did you come back?". I'm leaning into my chair sipping my routine Tim Horton's Dark Roast Regular whilst staring blankly at my random array of vinyls displayed on my desk (toys, not records). For the life of me, I can't seem to think of a reason. In doing so, I found that there is no reason for me to come back to this.


It's 2015 and I'm turning 30. This may not mean a whole lot, but in 2015, no one wants to read blogs anymore (I think). People are either too busy, too lazy or too stupid to read anything more than a paragraph long. Society has dumbed down the way we communicate as human beings and has reduced social media into the form of  'likes', 'follows' and 120 characters or less. And although more people would stomach reading the ramblings of a 30 year old rather than someone 10 years younger (which is basically when I started blogging), I'm still 30. I'm almost irrelevant when it comes to pop culture and media. And when I say almost, I mean at least I'm on this blog rather than on my table writing letters to the editor by hand.

When your 30, you have friends who are also 30. In my case, almost all of them are older than I am. They probably won't even see this. Because when you're in your 30s, you're way passed trying to hang on to your youth, especially when you are married with kids. Everyone is too wrapped up in their own little suburban bubble to even give a shit about this blog or what I have to say. And after finally dropping all social media accounts after years of using and abusing, I finally feel so clean and sober from the online 'reality' bullshit and social media justice warriors that I feel somewhat free. So why am I here? Why, after 4 years, did I come back to this? As I take one last sip of my lukewarm coffee and toss it in the trash, I realized that this blog is now only reasonable outlet to share my random thoughts without going on drunk rants or commenting on a picture of what some ass hat ate last night. So enjoy.


One.


No comments:

Post a Comment